While I think that there’s never a better time than the present to start working towards any goals that you may have, I also think it’s fun to write down a few things around the beginning/end of the year so that you have something consistent to look back on. Honestly, I don’t remember doing this last year, so I currently don’t have much to reference, but I’m going to touch on things that I know I wanted to accomplish and see how I’ve done.
Last year’s goals
This is one that I wanted every year and never managed to do. I’m proud to say that I’ve finally made a good start and I will continue on that path until I’m back to the weight I’m comfortable at.
Find a job I enjoy and that I’m proud of.
I think I got partway on this one. I have a job that I enjoy. I work a comfortable desk job that’s not super busy, and I’m allowed to blog in my spare time, providing it doesn’t get in the way of my work. It’s not the kind of job that is exciting to tell people about. I’m essentially an assistant with some minor bookkeeping duties, but I’m happy nonetheless.
I always want to travel, but travel costs time and money that I haven’t really had. Hopefully, next year will be different.
Goals for 2017
1. Continue losing weight. I am 170 cm, with a very light bone structure. I can healthily go down to 115 lbs, and that is what I’m hoping to reach this year. If I decide to attempt to put on some muscle weight, I will probably change this number, but I happen to prefer the more slight look.
2. This spring, regardless of how much I have accomplished with my weight, I want to start preparing and applying to modeling agencies. This is both a big step outside my comfort zone and also a lifelong dream of mine, and I will make it happen.
3. Continue blogging two to three times a week, purchase my own domain, and get to a point where I am making money on the blog, not spending money. (Hosting, review products, giveaways etc.)
4. Host a few giveaways! Without you guys, I am nothing. I’d love to be able to pay back even just a bit of the kindness of your support, and being able to host semi-regular giveaways would be amazing!
5. Start my YouTube channel. I’m not actually 100% sure on this one, but it’s something I’m considering. I love YouTube, and I would love to be able to interact with everyone that way, but it’s also a bit scary!
6. Try a cosmetic procedure! This may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’ve always been interested in botox and fillers. I’d love to try one (or both) of them out. The best part is, they’re temporary, so if I don’t like the look, it will fade.
7. Travel! I’m hoping to go to Japan, but my medication is super-duper-100%-absolutely illegal there so it will be a bit of a challenge. I’ve already spoken to my doctor about it, though, so hopefully we’ll be able to find a way to make things work. I’d also love to go to Europe, South Korea, Singapore, South America… basically everywhere.
8. Save some money. After all the things I want to do, I’d love to finish the year with some savings set aside for an emergency, or whatever else I may need it for. I just want something sitting there as a safety net for myself.
9. Move. I love my little house, but it’s old, outdated, and even though it’s a bit big, it feels really cramped. While the deal I’m getting on rent is incredible, hopefully, I will be making enough to be able to afford to move somewhere just as big (or bigger) and a little more updated and modern. (and not a basement)
What are your goals for 2017? Share them with me in the comments, I’d love to know about your aspirations! Dream big and make this year the best one yet!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
this post may contain affiliate links. please consider using them as it supports me in my effort to purchase new products and provide better content. if you choose not to, that’s okay too.